Tuesday, September 30, 2008

37Signals

Today I tried free membership of 37Signals BaseCamp.
I have to say that I am not impressed. The app looks so amateurish, I wonder why would anyone pay for it. I was expecting a more sophisticated tool that just 5 screens.
At work I installed GForge few years back and we are very happy with it. The wiki is their weakest link, everything else I love, not that I hate wiki, but I wish the editing could be done using a better editor (like FCKEditor?) and I could attach images, files etc.

I have not upgraded to their latest version because I don't have time and what I have is good enough for our business.
They also have a VM, so try that and you will be happy.

Also GForge Group lets you create your own private projects free of cost, try them (I have not tried them).

No comments: